ULAANBAATAR TOURISM DEPARTMENT
AN IMPLEMENTING AGENCY OF THE GOVERNOR OF THE CAPITAL CITY
The Capital Tourism Department is an implementing agency of the Governor of Ulaanbaatar. Our goal is to implement policies and regulations intended to develop tourism in Ulaanbaatar; to provide businesses, organizations, and individuals who operate tour businesses with professional management and support; and to manage both foreign and domestic promotions of the capital city.
Our main lines of operations are:
- Promoting resources for tours within Ulaanbaatar, and developing, improving and producing new tours and sights to see;
- Providing tour operators with professional management, and supporting their operations and improving the quality and availability of services for tourists;
- Organizing effective foreign promotions of Ulaanbaatar and putting in place management policies and marketing strategies to make Ulaanbaatar a major tourist destination;
- Organizing a wide range of activities to attract tourists and to help maintain the economy and keep the social impact of tourism at proper levels;
- Implementing policies and regulations aimed at developing domestic tourism;
- Conducting training for tour operators and surveys of tourists and tour operators; and
- Initiating and implementing projects or programs aimed at developing tourism in the capital.